Remake a StorNext temp license (cvmkfs)
WARNING, this WILL delete ALL DATA that previously existed on that volume!
This procedure assumes the license had already expired and the volume is not mounting.
This will delete all data on the existing StorNext volume, remake the filesystem and start a 30 days temp license.
This applies to SpycerBox Ultra / Flex, Venice and a single MDS.
- Start a terminal session.
- "cd /usr/cvfs/config" to change to the StorNext config directory.
- "cat license.dat" to confirm the expiration date.
- "cat fsmlist" to view the filesystem name. Remember this for later.
spycerbox . 0
- "rm license.dat" to remove the license.dat file.
- "cvadmin" and then "stop" to stop the filesystem.
- "cvmkfs (filesystem name)" This remakes the filesystem, substitute (filesystem name) with the name you got on step 4, example: cvmkfs spycerbox
- "service cvfs restart" This will restart the filesystem and mount the volume.
- "cat license.dat" to confirm the new expiration date.
- "df -h" to verify if the volume mounted, should look something like this:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1 57G 7.2G 47G 14% /
tmpfs 5.9G 13M 5.9G 1% /dev/shm
12T 551G 11T 5% /media/spycer-vol0