Things to check for before doing a StorNext update
A) Get current info from each Meta Data Sever (or SpycerBox)
2. StorNext version info
3. Linux version info
4. license.dat file
cvfsid cvversions uname -a cat /etc/issue cat /usr/cvfs/config/license.dat cvlabel -c
or put it all in a zip file:
cvfsid > /usr/cvfs/config/snfs.info."$HOSTNAME".txt cvversions >> /usr/cvfs/config/snfs.info."$HOSTNAME".txt uname -a >> /usr/cvfs/config/snfs.info."$HOSTNAME".txt cat /etc/issue >> /usr/cvfs/config/snfs.info."$HOSTNAME".txt cvlabel -c >> /usr/cvfs/config/snfs.info."$HOSTNAME".txt zip cvfs.config."$HOSTNAME.$(date +%F_%H.%M)".zip /usr/cvfs/config/*
B) Items to review and plan out the update procedure
- Review Quantum documents StorNext Upgrade Guide and StorNext Compatibility Guide.
- Can the Linux operating system support the desired StorNext version?
- Can upgrade directly from current version or do you have to do it incrementally?
- Is "maintenance" current in the license.dat file, you can not update if "maintenance" has expired. Schedule update before this expires or acquire updated license file.
- Confirm cvfsid matches the license.dat Identifier field if a new license.dat file is to be used.
- Client versions - can stay at old version or MUST upgrade also?
- Mephisto, Spycer compatibility with new version of StorNext?
- If upgrading from version 3 to 4 or higher, consider reformatting the volume to ensure peak performance.
C) Other items to update?
- Firmware of storage? DDN, DotHill, LSI, Adaptec.
- Firmware of Fibre Channel switches? QLogic, Brocade.