Info form Quantum knowledge base:
http://qsupport.quantum.com/kb/node/4355 (might require a valid StorNext serial number to view)
The article reproduced here:
- Redirect the output of “cvlabel –c” to a file (this will be the label file).
- Edit the label file.
- Remove all lines that do not contain “CvfsDisk_UNKNOWN”
- Note the serial number(s) of the remaining entry/entries.
- Search for the serial number(s) noted above in the nss debug logs (/usr/cvfs/debug/nssdbg.out*)
- Sample entry:
- 0x2b1a39f98af0 NOTICE PortMapper: CVFS Volume twodata1 on device: /dev/mapper/mpath8 (blk 0xfd08 raw 0xfd08) con: 4 lun: 4 state: 0x400204 inquiry [LSI INF-01-00 0780] controller # '20020080E51F9D90' serial # '60080E50001F9D90000005074F5DC07F' Size: 5859464068 Sector Size: 512
- If the serial number is not found, that device has not been part of an SNFS file system. Remove the corresponding line (the line containing the serial number that was not found) from the label file.
- Note the label from the nss debug entry. In the case above, the label is “twodata1”.
- Replace “CvfsDisk_UNKNOWN” in the label file with the label found from the nss debug log.
- Save the label file.
- Run cvlabel against the label file: cvlabel <label file name>