- Spycer is required for Venice to work, click here for Spycer.
- Venice v3.2 requires a v3.2.x license to operate. v3.x.x does not qualify.
VENICE Version 3.2 Product Announcement [PDF]
This version of Venice requires usage of companion version of Spycer and Firmware.
Must use matching version of Spycer:
Must use matching version of firmware:
Venice 184.108.40.206 [586 MB]
Changes 220.127.116.11 ---------------- Fixed: - FIMS: Fixed crash in ExtensionGroup when receiving UTF-8 characters Added: - FIMS: Added support for adaptive filter configuration Changes 18.104.22.168 ---------------- Fixed: - MOS: Fixed problem when setting empty running order an air. - MOS: fixed changing in-/outpoint of an active clip replaced the whole clip instead of modifying only in/out if called for the first time on this clip - Fixed VBI problems when playing IMX in NTSC. - Fixed Venice Linux RPM installer for kernel crash dump support. Added: - Added missing Play after Write (PaW) button into Auto Edit mode. - Added two buttons to the audio peak-meter: hold / reset -- Hold: When pressed, the peakmeter always keeps the maximum value in the display until a larger value is metered otherwise the peakmeter behaves as it currently does. -- Reset: When pressing this button, the maximum value currently display will be reset. Improved: - FIMS: Improved response time for queryJob requests and capture/transform job requests. - General: Improved realtime-server offline detection for webservices - RealtimeServer: Extended error logging for throws | signals | exit() calls. Changes 22.214.171.124 ---------------- Fixed: - GUI: Fixed help text of dvslogwatch script. Changes 126.96.36.199 ---------------- Fixed: - MOS: fixed changing in-/outpoint of an active clip replaced the whole clip instead of modifying only in/out if called for the first time on this clip - Avid: fixed GUI freeze when try to select "Windows" Pathes for Ingesting with Avid Workflow Option. Added: - Added support for videoboardconfig_user.xml under Linux. - Added /etc/opt/DVS to archive created by 'dvslogwatch collect'. - Activated creation of crash dumps via abrt. Changes 188.8.131.52 ---------------- Fixed: - VDCP: Fixed wrong scaling in VDCP ingest mode. - GUI: Fixed falling of peaks in peakmeter widget. - GUI: Fixed no audio playout after multidest ingest is done. - VDCP: Fixed a problem which could cause deleted clips to not disappear from vdcp clip list - GUI: Display selected channels in SETTINGS fold widget. - GUI: Fixed setting audio channels for OP1a XDCamHD RDD09 50MBit (or any other format with only 8 allowed audio channels). Added: - Added logging of service tools/scripts to /var/log/messages under Linux. Improved: - logwatch now logs the first seconds right after program start too, instead of omitting them - Improved feedback for patched grub.conf. Changed: - ANC drop alerts: -- The ANC drop messages in the status bar have been removed -- In Record mode there will be an "ANC drops" message box after the record, before the "delete or keep" message box; the instant message box is disabled in record mode -- In Playout the current behavior remained unchanged, only the text of the message box has been adjusted
- Re-added dvslogwatch script to /etc/init.d.
- Fixed problems with VDCP server when toggling VDCP on/off very often AND a not removable .lock file is present.
Venice 184.108.40.206 [601 MB]
Venice 220.127.116.11 [600 MB]
Venice 18.104.22.168 [574 MB]
DCI Accelerator (1.0) 22.214.171.124_39.3
Fuze (gen4) 126.96.36.199-2.14.0-1.14.18
Clipster (gen4) 188.8.131.52-6.0.0-4.11.0-1.14.18
DCI Accelerator (2.0) 184.108.40.206_2.0.19
- Installer: Fixed temperature problem due to enhanced performance change introduced in VENICE 220.127.116.11.
This could lead to activate the red front LED because the temperature is about 3-C above the defined limit.
- GUI: fixed possible hang during scenario load.
- VENICE GUI: If drops occurred during record, a message box is shown right before the "keep or delete" message box.
-- Do not write empty config if no license is found.
-- Added program exit code for shell commands.
- Lots of small improvements to VENICE Play.
- MOS mode:
-- Better handling of placeholder/not existing clips.
-- More and better error messages.
-- Fixed some possible inconsistencies between server and avus.
- Fixed Linux installer scripts to ensure correct start-up order.
- Fixed veniceserver log flooding.
- Fixed typo in help message of dvsnetconfig.
- Fixed pop-up box every 3 seconds when destination drive in capture or transform mode is close to capacity.
- MXF: Fixed read issue on OP1a MPEG2 files, which has no system items.
- MXF: Fixed playout drops on long (about one hour or longer) XDCamHD files with index-only partitions.
- General: added tool dvsnetconfig to all installers.
- General: check status of Venice / software network configuration via commandline ./dvsnetconfig --status
- General: Using common Network.conf file for IP / network interface configuration in Venice / veniceserver / Control
- General: automatic migration to common Network.conf during installation / update
- Patch grub.conf to enhance overall performance.
- GUI: A running display is stopped when scrubbing is used from the GUI.
- Avid Workflow: Added several checks to forbid Ingests which do not fulfill all Avid specific requirements. Due to using the Spycer backend for
most of these checks they will only apply after updating Spycer on the VeniceAppliance, Venice server and Client.
This will enforce that essence and metadata is always separated for Venice Ingests. Old behaviour was a fallback to write AAF, XML and esse
nce files into the chosen destination directory.
Please ensure to update the AvusAvatar installation of the Avid Appliance.
- Avid: we now always give a tapename for essence creation in DVS product. In Venice this is set to the first 31 letters of the clipname unless
a tapename is set. Due to technical reasons only 9 letters will be used for the creation of MXF opAtom files.
- FIMS: "manageQueue" request with command "start" or "status" - changed error messages to better reflect current state of device (avus) and add
ed error details.
- FIMS: "queryJob" request - now returning errors when device is not working properly.
- GXF, MXF: avus.ini switch 'use_source_switching_line' works now also for MXF and
- VDCP delete command will not delete essence files if vamc name does not match the essence name. The vamc is still deleted.
- Realtime-server: Removed potential log-spamming.
- Fixed VDCP settings not disabled correctly when reopening dialog.
- Veniceserver: Fixed log flooding in VDCP mode with - NexusClient::GetVDCPFileStats()- messages.
- VDCP: An ingest clip prepared by RecordInit/RecordInitWithData shows up in the VDCP-cliplists not before RECORD is sent.
Venice 18.104.22.168 [600 MB]
Venice 22.214.171.124 [600 MB]
- VDCP record mode: The VAMC may be not updated one last time after the essence file has been finalized.
- VDCP record mode: In some cases the currently recorded file was deleted during record.
- VDCP record mode: For some file formats opening the file to get the current length can take very long. This causes the file events to pile up and after the es
sence file is finalized, those piled up file events are processed redundantly for some time.
- MXF: Fixed MPEG2 Long GOP decoding error with Roll-Out.
- VDCP: VDCP setting "Show first cued frame" was always on after loading a project.
- VDCP: Fixed VDCP handling of unicode file names.
- MXF: Fixed asynchronous audio for MXF OP1a XDCAM 50 422.
- Fileformats: Fixed crash when certain audio clips referenced in certain metaclip files could not be opened in shadow mode.
- Fileformats: Fixed issue with certain metaclips containing chained essence clips with incomplete clip options.
- Fixed rare server process crash which resulted in channel disconnects.
- Added VENICE View 1.2 support.
- VDCP: added UI switch for changing timecode config (Configuration / VDCP / Timecode settings).
- VDCP: Config option "Support for clip duration estimation" for all growing MXF OP1a files.
-- GUI: added check with nexus that extended vdcp params (nodurationestimation) is possible.
--- On fail, VDCP is not possible; user gets error and VDCP config tab is opened.
--- ATTENTION: _Rare_ race condition can cause VDCP clip watcher to fail to start, but it is not possible to show that in the GUI.
---- VDCP record would be not affected.
---- VDCP playout is not possible, as the clip list remains empty.
---- Workaround: disable and enable slave mode, which should then either show an error or work properly.
- VDCP: Limit VDCP root folder to 10000 files and show the limit in GUI and via ChannelState (for VENICE View).
- VDCP: Default setting for "Support for clip duration estimation" is changed to "off".
- VDCP: Enabled full clip list in record mode.
- New file collision detection for ingest and transform.
- Transform mode: The destination clip meta data is not reset when any setting is changed. Instead a new button "Reload from Source" has been added to the meta
- Ingest mode: The destination clip meta data is not reset when any setting is changed.
- FIMS: Apply fims_defaults.vprst when starting FIMS mode, not when preparing the first job.
- MXF: Improved free space duration display.
- Fixed potential UI crash.
- Fixed MOS 2.8.
- MOV: Fixed multi destination with XDCamHD in QuickTime does not work.
- FIMS: Fixed that when sending a job as "paused", any drops that occurred before the job was started, where still added to that job.
- FIMS: Added support for DNxHD segmentedFrame capture jobs.
- Avid: MXF files for Avid workflow now use first 8 letters from destination clipname for naming as default. Setting tapename in Metadata tab still overrules th
is (no MXF files beginning with Unnamed on ISIS anymore).
- AudioRouting: Improved handling of audio routing in record mode. If stored audio routing clashes with audio routing restrictions of the chosen file format, fa
ll back to default routing of the chosen file format and inform the user.
Venice 126.96.36.199 [579 MB] (do not use)
Venice 188.8.131.52 [600 MB]
- VAMC: Fixed potential problem with vamc files without audio.
- Fixed rare audio resync issue during high server load
- FIMS: Fixed crash when starting/stopping FIMS queue frequently
- FIMS: Fixed issue regarding job status at the end of jobs
- FIMS: General stability improvements
- Added auto cleanup for FIMS job queue
- Fileformats: Added quality setting to the file format "MPEG-2 video -> MXF" so that video quality can be adjusted from outside, e.g. through GUI.
- Added configuration option to force a new clip name after single clip ingest and transform.
- VENICE GUI does not accept unsupported ingest settings with both clip chunking and proxy generation active
- VENICE GUI: Metadata config tab now contains an explanation instead of being empty
- ClipChunking settings had no effect for a record, if clip chunking was setup after all other settings (destination etc.).
- FIMS: Changes to the audio channel count were sometimes ignored.
- DVSWS: Added queryFreeDiskSpace request, to get free, used and available disk space in bytes.
- FIMS Transform: Added support for sourceAtom (Timecode settings only).
- FIMS: If no audio format is specified, no audio will be recorded; if the destination format requires audio, the job will fail.
- Added new presets for capture and transform destination settings. These presets are part of the project.
- Added new AudioRouting presets for capture, playout and transform. These presets are part of the project.
- MOV: Added multi-destination support for QuickTime.
- MOS: Changed behaviour of roCtrl PLAY/EXECUTE/SHUTTLE command: when at the end of a playing block automatic wrap-around is now disabled.
- AudioRouting configuration: Reset to default now mutes all excess output channels.
-MXF: Improved general MXF essence multiplexing.
- Fixed reporting of channel state (caused wrong display in VeniceView).
- MXF (OP1a): Timecode gaps are not written in footer partition by default. This can be modified in avus.ini (ignoretcgap option).
- Improved how aspect ratio is saved in project settings. Previous version could produce aspect ratios close to the real aspect ratio (1.78 instead of 16/9=1,777...). That could have caused a slight scaling applied in some cases.
- Fixed wrong scaling when switching from playout mode to transform mode with different raster.
- Fixed 'dvslogwatch collect' on RHEL 5.
- MOV: Added read support for QuickTime Movies containing self-contained url data references.
- MXF: Improved XDCamHD422 (RDD09) compatibility.
- VDCP: Improved check of selected VDCP path.
- General: logwatch version 1.0.14
- MXF: Fixed transwrapping error for XDCamHD (MPEG2 Long GOP) with in-/outpoint.
Venice 184.108.40.206 will ONLY work correctly with Spycer 220.127.116.11 (in VENICE-18.104.22.168_spycer.zip) and vice versa. Please update both of them.
Venice 22.214.171.124 [576 MB]
Changes 126.96.36.199 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 188.8.131.52 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: Improved: - Recovery time after audio resync reduced. Changes 184.108.40.206 ---------------- Fixed: - Fixed invalid XML in MOS: dvs:roReadyToAir had two : instead of one - Fileformats, XDCamEX: Fixed the issue, that encoded material does not have fixed GOP size. - GUI: Fixed a problem where playout did not stop after loading new clip. Changes 220.127.116.11 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - VDCP: Added support for "analog" audio output for speed -1 to +1 for VDCP slave mode. Improved: - VDCP: Buffer size can now be adjusted and raised to cover longer file system failures Changes 18.104.22.168 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Improved: - VDCP: speed up VDCP initial startup and responsiveness
Vence 22.214.171.124 [578 MB]
Changes 126.96.36.199 ---------------- Fixed: - Veniceserver / FIMS: Fixed that it was possible to queue two jobs for the same time - if one job was infinite. - VDCP: Prevent race condition between VDCP cue-up and playback ("Could not load VDCP clip"). - VDCP: Fixed rare issue when turning VDCP mode off and on again. Improved: - LXF: General reader improvements. Changes 188.8.131.52 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes regarding FIMS Changes 184.108.40.206 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - MXF: Added growing MXF (MPEG2 Intra 100mbps) files duration estimating. - LXF: Added growing LXF files duration estimating. Changed: - VDCP: Refresh duration for growing files and update vdcp list. - VDCP: Improved cue with data behavior. Forbid cueing behind outpoint. Changes 220.127.116.11-25 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 18.104.22.168 ---------------- Added: - VDCP: RecordInitWithData is now supported. - VDCP: Stop the timecode returned by the VDCP PositionRequest command if the video is not processed correctly. Changes 22.214.171.124 ---------------- - MXF: Enabled write chache in avus.ini by default for improved performance. Changes 126.96.36.199 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - VDCP: In VDCP slave mode the "RMT" button is disabled to prevent accidentally leaving slave mode. If you must leave slave mode, press Ctrl+Shift+A to enable the button. Changes 188.8.131.52 ---------------- Fixed: - MOV: Fixed issue, that playback seems to jump back or shows a black frame due to illegal/unwanted MPEG-2 start codes, behind the framedata. Improved: - VDCP: Improved generic TC offset handling in VDCP slave mode. Changes 184.108.40.206 ---------------- Fixed: - VDCP: Modification of default clip length in avus.ini now correctly handled on VAMC generation. Improved: - MXF: Improved decode start of MPEG2 intra only 100Mbps.
Venice 220.127.116.11 [575 MB]
Changes 18.104.22.168 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - Added firmware check on connect. - Added firmware display (current and recommended) in about dialog. Changed: - MXF: OP1a MPEG2 422@HL intra 100Mbps performs CBR encoding. Changes 22.214.171.124 ---------------- Fixed: - MXF: Fixed Avid OPAtom files reading issue Changes 126.96.36.199 ---------------- Fixed: - VDCP: Removed potential log-spamming. - Fixed problems with XDCAM EX and playout while ingest. - Avid: Ingests longer than 2 hours were not properly written to AAF File. - Veniceserver / FIMS: Fixed possible problems with gSOAP generated classes. Added: - MXF: Added write support for HDF01/02/03. - MXF: Added write support for OP1a MPEG2 intra 100Mbps. - MXF: Added write support for generic op1a IMX. Improved: - MOV: Added best effort read support for QuickTime files carrying a zero-entry sync sample table. Changes 188.8.131.52 ---------------- Skipped Changes 184.108.40.206 ---------------- Skipped
Venice 220.127.116.11 [575 MB]
Changes 18.104.22.168 ---------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes - Fixed aspect ratio handling via MOS. - Fixed potential problem with VDCP ingest. Changed: - Changed default auto scale setting to box. Changes 22.214.171.124 ---------------- Skipped Changes 126.96.36.199 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 188.8.131.52 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 184.108.40.206 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 220.127.116.11 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 18.104.22.168 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 22.214.171.124 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - MOV: Added read support for QuickTime files with DV/AVCI multi-essence video tracks. - VDCP: Updated clips get (re)added to the "IDS ADDED" list so a controller is triggered to update its information about this clip. Changed: - VDCP: The avus.ini options 'suspend' and 'vdcp_cue_up' are now activated per default. - Activated new license venice playout Changes 126.96.36.199 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Updated: - VENICE control web service (venicecontrol) is now deprecated and may be removed in future versions. Changes 188.8.131.52 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Added: - AB group support for VENICE Play - MOV: Added read support for QuickTime files with long-GOP essences using multiple sample description entries indicating the same format. - MOV: Added avus.ini switch 'skip_audio_at_speed_ge', that allows QuickTime to skip the loading of audio, when speed factor exceeds this threshold. - MOV: Added read support for a wider variety of QuickTime files with multi-essence video tracks. Improved: - MOV: Added best effort read support for QuickTime files carrying a zero-entry sync sample table. Changes 184.108.40.206 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes Changes 220.127.116.11 --------------- Fixed: - Minor fixes - MOV: Fixed inaccurate time code sample description being written for high-frame-rate QuickTime files. - Force a scan of each clip when loading a project. This fixes a problem with no audio played for P2 OpAtom files. Added: - MOV: Added transwrapping support to QuickTime Native Reader/Writer - MOV: Added support for DNxHD 444 in QuickTime. - Edittool: Added playout speed button on PM request. Improved: - Enabled transwrapping of DNxHD 444 video essences. - MOV: Improved handling of duration limits while writing QuickTime files to take video frame rate into account. - MOV: Improved accuracy of time scale selected for writing high-frame-rate QuickTime files. - MOV: Native Reader now has improved fast forward/backward and scrubbing behavior of QuickTime XDCam (XDCamHD, IMX, ...) files - MOV: Now importing ProRes 4444 QuickTime files as head range by default. - MOV: Improved disk I/O performance while reading large QuickTime files with single-sample time code tracks. - MOV, VDCP: Native Reader now has improved fast forward/backward and scrubbing behavior of QuickTime XDCam (XDCamHD, IMX, ...) files